This study provides an analysis of the South African fixed line data services market in respect of services and technologies in use by the business customer segment, including an in-depth review of the managed data network services market.
Study focus areas and objectives
Market sizing, forecasting, and segmentation of the fixed line data services market in South Africa. Areas of emphasis include drivers and inhibitors, competitive trends in the managed data services market (especially managed services/VPNs), and a brief overview of international trends.
Quantitative analysis and forecasts
This study is updated annually, and a key objective of this study is to provide up-to-date market sizing and forecasts, while illustrating the major trends currently and those expected in the next five years.
The study is based on a combination of primary and secondary research and analysis, including an update of BMIT’s baseline data services model.
The underlying market model is a top-down model based on information collected from service providers, which data was then enhanced with a bottom-up model based on BMIT’s most recent corporate and SME user surveys. Forecasts are based on a market scenario analysis, which includes a review of international trends as well as the specific nuances of the local South African environment, including future regulatory and competitive industry dynamics.
Fixed line data services
- Fixed line data services market overview segmentation and forecast
- Detailed analysis of internet access, PLCs, managed data networks/VPNs, hosting, managed security services, other value added services, wholesale data
- Historical and forecast ports, segmented by MPLS/Ethernet vs DIY IP VPNs
- Revenue analysis and forecast
- Segmentation by player category
Key questions answered:
- What is the size and shape of the fixed line data services market in South Africa?
- Which service categories will grow the fastest in future, and which ones are mature?
- What technology trends will have the greatest impact?
- Where are the major concentrations of spending, by customer group?
- How will the fortunes of infrastructure-based players differ from those of services-based players in future?