BMIT offers a detailed report covering the big government ICT spenders, sizing and trends analysis for the South African national and provincial government.
- This PowerPoint publication and Excel workbook is part of the ICT in Government Programme, providing ICT service providers with insight into government trends, developments, big deals and ICT expenditure across hardware, software, services and communications.
- The study focuses on the government departments that have big ICT budgets and includes spending trends and big deals which are significantly impacting the socio-economic and political environment in the country.
- It also analyses the influence of policy shifts and recent procurement initiatives, including those related to cost-saving through supplier consolidation, and impacts on eGovernment, and eServices. The big national ICT spenders are considered in detail, namely the Justice Cluster, Home Affairs, and Treasury in National Government, along with spending analysis for provinces and provincial departments.
Secondary research, using a wide variety of resources, including trade sources, government information and other published South Africa-specific research, including:
- National Treasury and Statistics SA
- Information from the SONA and SOPAs
- Treasury Budget votes, department strategic plans and annual performance plans
The analysis is segmented by:
- ICT spend per service category in National Government, especially the top six spenders.
- ICT spend per service category, by each Provincial Department and each vote of Provincial Government.
- Major ICT expenditure per service category, focusing on relevant National and Provincial Departments.
- Computer Services